Este sitio web utiliza cookies propias y de terceros para su funcionamiento, mantener la sesión y personalizar la experiencia del usuario. Más información en nuestra política de Cookies


As a result of the international COVID19 global crisis, the Embassy is receiving many calls and emails, mainly from Swedish nationals who have a home or who live in Spain, regarding current situation in Spain 

Please find enclosed a short list of the most frequent questions, hoping you might find the answer you are looking for.

den 13 april 2022

​Traveling to Spain​​​​​

As a result of the ongoing health crisis, all domestic and international travelers are expected to check with local and municipal authorities for information about local health situation in your final destination, as well as with their airline or tour operator to understand possible limitations. If you currently live in Sweden and plan to travel to Spain, please also check the Swedish Government site for more information in SwedenAbroadDet öppnas i ett nytt fönster.  

EU Digital COVID Certificate

To enter Spain, all travellers, irrespective of nationality or country of departure, except children under 12 years and travellers on international transits (without entering Spain), must present one of the following documents: 
  • an EU Digital COVID Certificate or valid equivalent of vaccination or negative test or recovery.
  • SpTH QR: if you do not have an EU Digital COVID Certificate or valid equivalent,  you must fill out the Spain Travel Health control form, including the information of your vaccination, negative test or recovery certificate.
(Until April 6, 2022 all travellers entering Spain were required to fill out the SpTH form. New regulations require only travellers without an EU Digital COVID Certificate or valid equivalent to fill out this form).

All travelers 12 years and older entering Spain from "risk" areas (ECDC coding) need to comply with health control requirements and will need to present one of the following EU Digital COVID Certificate or valid equivalent:

Vaccination certificate showing they have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 more than 14 days before the flight to Spain, valid for 270 days since full vaccination, unless you have received a reinforcement dose (full vaccination certificates for travelllers under 18 have no expiry date); or

A COVID-19 test with a negative result certificate, accepted by the Ministry of Health: NAAT tests (such as PCR, LAMP or TMA) taken within 72 hours prior to departure from Spain; or an antigen test taken within 24 hours prior to departure from Spain; or

► A medical certificate showing recovery from COVID-19, corresponding to a test no more than 180 days after the date of the first positive NAAT or antigen test result (test by health professionals or qualified personnel) and no earlier than the 11th day following the date of that positive test result.

The "risk" areas listing changes and is updated regularly, so travelers are invited to check what regulations are applicable at www.travelsafe.esDet öppnas i ett nytt fönster. The updated list of countries and regions available here (ECDC web page)..  

SpTH forms, if required​ (see above), should be completed on-line at the Spain Travel Health web page.

Please be advised that the QR code or the PDF form need to be presented upon arrival and is therefore a precondition to board the airplane. Travel agencies, tour operators and air or sea transport companies and any other agent marketing air or sea tickets must inform passengers, at the start of the sales process for tickets to Spain, of all health control measures. If you have technical problems filling the form online, you can download a PDF version and fill it by hand. More information regarding the SpTH form at the Spain Travel Health webpage (FAQ section)​Det öppnas i ett nytt fönster.  ​

Please be advised that all inbound travelers from a given airport need to comply with regulations and controls applicable to the region where the airport is located, regardless of their point of origin or place of residence.    

Where can I find more information? 

You can check the website of the Spanish Ministry of HealthDet öppnas i ett nytt fönster for more information, as well as local regulations for possible restrictions.

Do not forget to follow us on social networks, twitter and Facebook, where you will find plenty of interesting information and posts, promoting Spain-Sweden relations, language, culture or history, at @embespestocolmo.

Also, do not forget to check Swedish information websites on travel restrictions and recommendations such as @SwedenAbroad Det öppnas i ett nytt fönster