Visa for foreigners who have obtained a university degree in the past two years or who are pursuing studies that will lead to their obtaining a university degree in Spain or abroad, and who are participating in an internship programme in Spain (through the signature of an internship agreement or of a trainee contract) with the purpose of improving their knowledge, their skills and their experience in a professional environment.
If these conditions are not met, it is possible to apply for a study visa for the undertaking of other internships in Spain (see Study visas).
This visa will be valid for the authorized internship period, with a maximum validity period of 6 months (in the case of an internship hosting agreement) or of 1 year (in the case of a trainee contract). The visa accredits legal residence in Spain. If the authorized internship period is longer than 6 months, it is possible to apply for a Foreigner Identity Card from the Foreign Nationals' Office or the corresponding Police Station.
1. National visa application form. Each applicant, or their representative, must complete and sign a visa application form, filling in each of its sections. If the applicant is a minor, one of their parents or a duly accredited representative must sign the application.
2. Photograph. A recent, passport-size, colour photograph, taken against a light background, facing forward, without dark or reflective glasses, or any garments concealing the oval of the face.
3. Valid, unexpired passport. Original and a photocopy of the page or pages of the passport that contain biometric data. The passport must have a minimum validity period of 1 year and contain two blank pages. Passports issued more than 10 years ago will not be accepted.
4. Residence permit. Original and a copy of the permit issued by the Delegation or Sub-delegation of the Government in the province in which the internship will be carried out.
5. Criminal record check certificate. Applicants of legal age must submit both the original and a copy of the criminal record check certificate(s) issued by their country or countries of residence for the past 5 years. Foreign documents must be legalized or apostilled and, where applicable, must be submitted together with an official translation into Spanish.
6. Proof of residence in Ireland. GNIB card/ IRP valid until the end of their planned stay in Spain. Since UK nationals who reside in Ireland do not have a GNIB card, they should submit as proof or residence their driving license, tax receipts.
7. Proof of the representative's identity and capacity. If the applicant is a minor, it will be necessary to present originals and submit copies of the identity document or passport of one of their parents, as well as of the document constituting proof of kinship. Original documents must be shown when submitting the application. If the visa application is submitted through a representative, a copy of the identity document or passport of the representative and of the power of attorney or document accrediting representation must be submitted. The originals must be shown when submitting the application. Documents not issued by an EU country must be legalized or apostilled and, if necessary, submitted together with an official translation into Spanish.