Beginning on October 21, 2022, the following travelers can enter Spain without showing any sort of covid-19 document/certificate:
- Spaniards and EU citizens.
- Duly registered family members of Spanish and EU citizens.
- Foreigners residing in the European Union or associated Schengen countries (it is necessary to have a valid residence card).
- Foreigners who have a valid long-term visa (no type C visas).
- Foreign students who have the required visa and insurance.
- Foreigners who are highly qualified workers, business people, elite sportspeople, health professionals and health researchers, transport personnel, seafarers and aeronautical personnel and diplomatic, consular representatives, personnel of international organization, military personnel and members of civil protection organizations traveling to Spain for professional matters.
- Foreigners traveling for urgent humanitarian or family reasons, to be justified case by case.
These travelers can enter Spain normally, as it was before the pandemic started.
The rest of the travelers to Spain, even if the covid-19 border checkpoints have been dismantled, they must have one of the three following certificates:
- Proof of vaccination: Documentation from the issuing countries' relevant authorities will be accepted starting 14 days after the final dose is administered, as long as more than 270 days have not passed since the administration of the final dose of the vaccine. For those under 18 years of age, proof of vaccination has no expiration date.
- Negative COVID test: A negative Nucleic Acid Amplification test (PCR, TMA, LAMP, NEAR, etc.) taken within 72 hours of departure for Spain, or a negative rapid antigen test (RAT) taken within 24 of departure for Spain, will be accepted.
- Proof of recovery from COVID: Documentation issued by relevant government authorities or by a physician a minimum of 11 days after the initial positive result via NAAT or rapid antigen test. This documentation will remain valid for 180 days following the date of the initial positive test result.
Those under the age of 12 do not need to present any COVID-related documentation to enter Spain.
Spain Travel Health –SpTH– and the associated form are no longer needed.