As stated in Order INT/657/2020, of July 17, which modifies the criteria for the application of a temporary restriction on non-essential travel from third countries to the European Union and Schengen associated countries for reasons of order public and public health due to the health crisis caused by COVID-19
any traveler from Canada does NOT need to have
- Certificate of vaccination against COVID-19, nor
- Certificate of recovery, nor
- Certificate of negative diagnosis of said disease,
if he/she falls into one of the following categories:
- Spanish citizens or citizens of a member country of the European Union and their family members.
- Regular residents of the European Union, Schengen Associated States, Andorra, Monaco, The Vatican (Holy See) or San Marino who go to that country, accrediting it with documentation.
- Holders of a long-stay visa issued by a Member State or Schengen Associated State going to that country.
- Health professionals, including health researchers, and elderly care professionals who are going to or returning from their work activity.
- Transport personnel, sailors and aeronautical personnel necessary to carry out air transport activities.
- Diplomatic, consular, international organizations, military, civil protection personnel and members of humanitarian organizations, in the exercise of their functions.
- Students who carry out their studies in the EU Member States or Schengen Associated States and who have the corresponding permit or visa for long-term stay, provided that they go to the country where they are studying, and that the entry occurs during the academic course or the previous 15 days. If the destination is Spain and the duration of the stay is up to 90 days, it must be proven that the studies are carried out in an authorized teaching center in Spain, registered in the corresponding administrative registry, following a full-time program during this phase and face-to-face, and that leads to obtaining a degree or certificate of studies.
- Highly qualified workers whose work is necessary and cannot be postponed or carried out remotely, including participants in high-level sports events that take place in Spain. These circumstances must be documented.
- People traveling for imperative family reasons duly accredited.
- People who provide documentary evidence of reasons of force majeure or situation of need, or whose entry is allowed for humanitarian reasons.
For all other situations, a vaccination, recovery or diagnostic test certificate will be required, which must meet the requirements established by Resolution of October 18, 2022, of the General Directorate of Public Health, regarding the characteristics of the certificates. health care in the context of international travel in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic
In no case is it required to fill out the Spain Travel Health (SpTH) health form.