1.- The procedures that required to appear in person are:
- Visas. With appointment only.
- FNMT number.
- Citizenship. With appointment only.
- Passports. With appointment only. Or Safe-conducts.
- Pick up University Diplomas.
- Parents who need to give authorization for a minor’s passport.
- Notary Public. With appointment only.
- Criminal record certificate authorization.
- Proof of live Affidavit.
2.- All questions and procedures that do not need to be done in person, can be done:
• By regular mail ONLY:
o Civil Registry.
o Consular Registration.
o Hunting permit.
o Copy certification.
• Through e-mail:
o Residence certificate
o Request birth certificate
INFORMATION REGARDING CONSULAR FEES:
This Consulate General has witnessed recently that some citizens have been paying their fee for consular services with ¨Money Orders¨ that stated a different amount of money than the exact fee.
This Consulate General WILL NOT ACCEPT ¨MONEY ORDERS¨which include neither bigger nor smaller amounts to the exact consular fee. Files will be rejected and users will be asked either to pay in cash or to bring a new ¨Money Order¨ that could be processed by any bank office of the neighborhood. Such citizen could come back the very same day from 9am to 1pm to finish his/her consular proceeding without applying for a new appointment.