Youth mobility program
If you are Canadian and you live in Alberta, British Columbia, Ontario, Yukon, Manitoba, Northwest Territories, Saskatchewan or Nunavut, you can apply for a visa at our Consulate.


If you are between 18 and 35 year old, youth mobility is an easy and quick way to have a Spanish experience during one year.  THERE IS A QUOTA OF 1000 CANADIANS PER YEAR. IT IS STILL OPEN, SO YOU CAN APPLY.


Before applying for your youth mobility visa, you need to get first your Foreigner Identification Number, NIE


Once you obtain it, fill out this form.
Learn here all the information and documents you need to obtain the visa. youth mobility visa.pdfyouth mobility visa.pdf  




Other procedures
To apply in this Consulate, you must reside in its jurisdiction. Otherwise, go to our offices in Ottawa or Montreal. ​
This is the list of procedures; look for the one that you need and click in the link.
Legalization of Canadian documents to produce effects in Spain.
How to obtain the NIE, identification number for foreigners. Click here.
Spanish institutions do not know the signature of Canadian authorities. Through legalization,this consulate, which is a Spanish office, declares that the signature of the Canadian authority included in that document is real. The Spanish institutions can then consider the contents of the Canadian documents.
Which documents do I need to legalize?
When you begin proceedings with Spanish institutions, they will tell you in due course if a Canadian document needs to be legalized. We cannot tell you beforehand. hen you begin proceedings with Spanish institutions, they will tell you in due course if a Canadian document needs to be legalized. We cannot tell you beforehand.
What if I need to translate a document to Spanish?
If you are asked to have your Canadian documents translated from English to Spanish, those translations must be official. The translated documents, like all other Canadian documents, must also be legalized by this consulate. The legalization process for the translated documents is the same as any other legalization process.
I have been told that I have to legalize a document. What should I do now?
First, you must check that the document has been issued by a federal or provincial authority from the following provinces and territories: Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, Ontario (excluding Ottawa and Gatineau), Saskatchewan, Northwest Territories, Nunavut, and Yukon. This consulate is only responsible for those provinces and territories.
Please note that we can only legalize the signatures from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs / Global Affairs Canada. Before contacting this consulate, please ensure that your document(s) have been authenticated and stamped by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs / Global Affairs Canada. You may consult the
following websites to make sure you obtain the correct signature:
I already have the document authenticated in Canada by Global Affairs Canada. What do I do now?
Please send the original of the document to the following address:
Consulate General of Spain
2 Bloor Street East, Suite 1201
Toronto, Ontario, M4W 1A8
ATTENTION: you must also send us the following:
1) The fee payment. The cost for every signature that you need to legalize can be checked out here:
That fee is not for every document, nor for every page, but for every signature of the authority you will find in the pages above. We will only accept payment in the form of a certified cheque (we do not accept personalized cheques) or Money Order addressed to the Consulate General of Spain.
2) An Xpress post envelope with your name, address, and required postage stamp so that we can return your document to you once it has been legalized.
3) A brief note which includes your name, address, cell phone and e-mail address.
What if I live in Spain and I need to legalize a Canadian document?
Contact the Ministry of Foreing Affairs in Canada at
That webpage explains how to contact them, send them the document and how to have them send it to this consulate. Once we legalize it, we will send it to your adress in Spain. To know it and to pay the fee, do this:
1) Tranfer the fee (find it at the bottom of this page$-CAD).aspx ) plus 22.35 CADs for the post mail to this bank account in Spain:
Bank: BBVA
Location: Madrid
Account Holder: Consulado General de España en Toronto
Account Number: 0182-2370-49-2012204049
2) Send us an email to with a scanned proof of the transfer and with the adress you want us to send you the legalised document to Spain.  
What if I prefer to visit the Consulate directly?
In that case, please see us at our office location in Toronto. Be sure to consult our hours of operation and check for specific holidays ( )  You will not need to schedule an appointment. Bring with the original copies of the documents you wish to legalize. You may bring us a labelled Xpress post envelope, or you can collect the documents from us when they have been legalized.

More Information


  • 13 Jul @ConEspTORONTO * @gandyno Puede acudir al Consulado en el horario de atención al público, de 9:00 a 13:00 h de lunes a viernes.
  • 08 Jul @ConEspTORONTO * Consulte los TRÁMITES que puede llevar a cabo en el Consulado General de España en Toronto:
  • 06 Jul @ConEspTORONTO * Ya está disponible para iOS y Android la nueva aplicación para smartphones del Registro de Viajeros
  • 06 Jul @ConEspTORONTO * Hoy 5 de julio el Ministerio de Asuntos Exteriores, Unión Europea y Cooperación ha presentado la campaña…
  • 14 Jun @ConEspTORONTO * 📢 SCHENGEN VISA APPLICATIONS‼️ Effective inmediately ➡️ APPOINTMENTS are strictly requiered. Get all the informatio…
  • 31 May @ConEspTORONTO * RT @SpainMFA: 🏛️ #Spain and the @UNESCO will jointly carry out 13 #cooperation projects in the fields of #education, #culture or #communic…
  • 29 May @ConEspTORONTO * RT @SpainMFA: 🇺🇳🕊️ Today we celebrate the Int’l Day of @UN #Peacekeepers, who work to protect international #peace and #security #Spain f…
  • 28 May @ConEspTORONTO * RT @SpainMFA: 🇪🇺 #Spain's PM @sanchezcastejon and Secretary of State for the #EU @marcoaguiriano attend today in #Brussels the informal #E…
  • 28 May @ConEspTORONTO * RT @SpainMFA: In May 2015, #Spain adhered to the #SafeSchoolsDeclaration. Now, in coordination with @ArgentinaMFA, @NorwayMFA and the @GCP…
  • 27 May @ConEspTORONTO * RT @SpainMFA: ⏳The Third International Conference on #SafeSchools is drawing near! #Spain, together with @NorwayMFA, @CancilleriaARG and @…
  • 25 May @ConEspTORONTO * ⏰ Nuestro horario de atención al público general es: De lunes a viernes de 09:00 a 13:00 Our opening hours to the…
  • 24 May @ConEspTORONTO * RT @MAECgob: #España acogerá en #PalmadeMallorca del 27 al 29 de mayo la Tercera Conferencia Internacional sobre #EscuelasSeguras. Una vez…
  • 23 May @ConEspTORONTO * RT @Europarl_ES: 🇪🇺 Esta semana tienes la oportunidad de decidir el futuro de la UE: ¡vota en las #EleccionesUE2019! En este vídeo te conta…
  • 23 May @ConEspTORONTO * RT @MAECgob: 📣 #26M Electores #CERA 🗳️ ¿Ya has recibido la documentación electoral? ↪️ A partir de hoy y hasta el 26 de mayo puedes deposi…
  • 21 May @ConEspTORONTO * RT @HablamosdEuropa: ¿Sabes cómo te benefician las políticas de la #UnionEuropea? ✅La #Energía también se juega en #Europa ➡#EleccionesEu…


  • Consular Procedures
  • Atlas Redes Sociales
  • Embajadas y Consulados
  • Sede Electrónica
  • Página de Participación Ciudadana
  • Página Portal de Transparencia
  • Sede Palacio de Santa Cruz
    Plaza de la Provincia, 1
    28012 MADRID
    Tel: +34 91 379 97 00
  • Sede Palacio de Viana
    Duque de Rivas, 1
    28071 MADRID
    Tel: +34 91 379 97 00
  • Sede Torres Ágora
    Serrano Galvache, 26
    28033 MADRID
    Tel: +34 91 379 97 00
  • Sede Pechuán
    C/ Pechuán, 1
    28002 MADRID
    Tel: +34 91 379 17 00
    Avda. Reyes Católicos, 4
    28040 MADRID
    Tel: +34 91 583 81 00 / 01
    Fax: +34 91 583 83 10 / 11
Gobierno de España
©Ministerio de Asuntos Exteriores, Unión Europea y Cooperación
Portal gestionado por la Dirección General de Comunicación, Diplomacia Pública y Redes
Premio Ciudadanía 2016
Premio Ciudadanía 2016