Residence Visa for family re-grouping (General Regime)


This Consulate will only accept residence visa applications  BY POSTAL MAIL.
The applicant must send only originals of the forms required for each type of visa, duly completed and signed, along with the photographs and the "Money Orders" to pay the corresponding fees. The rest of the documents must be  photocopies.
Please check before mailing your application that you have all the required documents. Incomplete applications will not be processed, and therefore there will be a delay in the processing of your application and its approval.

Once the application is approved we will notify the applicant to come in person to collect the visa, providing the original documents that were previously advanced by mail, along with original passport.

Applicants must be legal residents in our jurisdiction: Florida, Georgia and South Carolina
B1/B2 visa holders must apply for the residence visa in the country of legal residence.
Honorary Consulates of Spain are not authorized to process visa applications.
The foreigner legally residing in Spain for more than one year and with authorization to reside for at least another year, may re-group with him/her the following relatives:
a) The spouse who is not separated in fact or in law.
b) Common-law partner relationship accredited
c) Own children or those of your spouse or partner, under eighteen or incapacitated. When children are only from one of the spouses, it will also be required to provide final divorce decree containing the provisions on child custody.
d) Their ascendants in the first degree or those of their spouse or partner, who are in their care, over 65 years of age and there are reasons that justify the need to authorize their residence in Spain.
The regrouping family member must request in Spain the authorization of temporary residence for the members of their family who wishes to be regrouped, before the Delegation or Sub-Delegation of the Government of the province of their place of residence.
Within two months from the date of notification of the authorization grant, the relative who is going to be regrouped must personally apply for a visa at the Consulate General of Spain in Miami, provided that he/she is a legal resident in our jurisdiction (Florida, Georgia or South Carolina).


  • Atlas Redes Sociales
  • Embajadas y Consulados
  • Sede Electrónica
  • Página de Participación Ciudadana
  • Página Portal de Transparencia
  • Sede Palacio de Santa Cruz
    Plaza de la Provincia, 1
    28012 MADRID
    Tel: +34 91 379 97 00
  • Sede Palacio de Viana
    Duque de Rivas, 1
    28071 MADRID
    Tel: +34 91 379 97 00
  • Sede Torres Ágora
    Serrano Galvache, 26
    28033 MADRID
    Tel: +34 91 379 97 00
  • Sede Pechuán
    C/ Pechuán, 1
    28002 MADRID
    Tel: +34 91 379 17 00
    Avda. Reyes Católicos, 4
    28040 MADRID
    Tel: +34 91 583 81 00 / 01
    Fax: +34 91 583 83 10 / 11
Gobierno de España
©Ministerio de Asuntos Exteriores, Unión Europea y Cooperación
Portal gestionado por la Dirección General de Comunicación, Diplomacia Pública y Redes
Premio Ciudadanía 2016
Premio Ciudadanía 2016