Schengen Tourist Visa

​Short stay tourist visa up to 90 days​

VERY IMPORTANT: We cannot overstate the importance of paying the 
utmost attention to filling out the application and the accompanying information. INCOMPLETE OR INCORRECT APPLICATIONS WILL BE REJECTED, REQUIRING THE APPLICANT TO MAKE A NEW APPOINTMENT AT A LATER DATE.
- Citizens of the following countries​​, who wish to stay in Spain for tourist or business purposes will need a Schengen visa.
- Schengen Visas issued by any consulate of a European country that is part of the Schengen Territory​, enables unhindered travel throughout all Schengen territories.  
1. If you plan on visiting only one Schengen country, you must apply at the Consulate of that particular country of which you are visiting. 
2. If you plan on visiting multiple Schengen countries, you must apply for a visa at the Consulate of the country which will be your main destination, (where you are going to be spending most days).
3. If you plan on visiting multiple Schengen countries but do not have a main destination, you should apply for a visa at the Consulate of the country which is your first point of entry in Schengen territory. 
4. The taking of biometric data (fingerprints and a photo) and submitting these documents make it essential that the applicant be present at the Consulate with an appointment.  
5. Applications are not accepted more than 90 days in advance. It is recommended to apply, at the latest three weeks (21 days) before your first day of travel.
1. Visa application form (Original and a Photocopy): The application form must be printed, filled out and signed.
2. One passport-type photo. (2x2 inches, white background)
3. A passport or official travel document (Original and a Photocopy). Passport should be no older than 10 years and be valid for a minimum of three months, counting from the expected date of return to the United States. Please make sure your passport has at least one blank page for the new visa. 
4. US Resident Alien card or a valid U.S. long-term visa (Original and a Photocopy). 
 - Holders of B-1/B-2 visas cannot apply in the United States; they must apply in their own country of residence or country of origin. 
- Applicants holding student visas must also submit their I-20 with the endorsement on the back, and copies of their F1 visa. 
5. Round trip airline ticket reservation. It is absolutely necessary to provide complete itineraries of your trip.
6. Proof of Travel Insurance that covers; Sanitary Assistance, Accidents, Emergencies, Evacuation, Medical Repatriation, Return of Remains with complete international coverage, with ZERO (0) DEDUCTIBLE, NO COPAYMENT. Insurance must be for the complete duration of your time while in Schengen territory. No other type of insurance will be accepted. See link for more information. Also, see common questions and issues for details.
7. Letter from employer (Original and a Photocopy) with letterhead and original signature, with the following information: type of job, length of time employed and annual salary. 
- If you are self-employed you must submit your latest Income Tax Return (just enough to verify business names and aliases) and a “Good Standing Certificate” issued by the Secretary of State. 
8. Proof of Financial Funds: (Copy or Printout) Your 3 latest bank statements. Make sure that your name appears on each statement and that your ending balance meets the minimum balance required for the length of your stay. Please review the Financial Requirements​. Also, see common questions and issues. The availability of means of living can be presented by means of cash, convertible monies, certified checks, travellers checks, letters of payment or credit cards. If presenting the latter, a full statement showing the current balance is required, or any other means by which the available amount on the credit card or bank account can be reliably proven. Neither letters from bank entities, nor printed statements obtained online will be accepted.


9. Latest statement from a major Credit Card.
10. Hotel reservations with name, complete address, phone and e-mail for the entire time you will be in the Schengen area. 
- Or if staying with friends or family, they need to request a Letter of Invitation issued by the Local Police Department of the Schengen territory or territories in which they live, and the original copy sent to you. (You will then need to present the original and a photocopy). 
- If you are part of a tour or cruise, please include a letter from your travel agent with a complete itinerary of the cities that you will visit and the addresses of the hotels you will be staying in.
11. Applicants who are under 18 years of age must submit a notarized authorization letter from their parents or legal guardians. 
12. Payment of the Visa Fees is accepted with money orders. Money orders are to be addressed to the General Consulate of Spain Los Angeles. See the following link for fees. Money will not be reimbursed even if the visa is not granted or is cancelled. See common questions and issues for details.
13. Disclaimer duly signed​. 
When you have finished gathering the needed documentation, you may use this Check List as a guide to make sure you have everything ready for your appointment.
The Consulate Administration has full authority to evaluate and request more documents than those listed above. Please be informed that submitting the mentioned documents does NOT guarantee issuance of the visa. Documents presented for the visa application will not be returned.
  • Instagram
  • Twitter SpainMFA
  • Instagram
  • Twitter
  • MAEUEC / Sede Palacio de Santa Cruz
    Plaza de la Provincia, 1
    28012 MADRID
    Tfno: 91 379 97 00
  • MAEUEC / Sede Palacio de Viana
    Duque de Rivas, 1
    28071 MADRID
    Tfno: 91 379 97 00
  • MAEUEC / Sede Torres Ágora
    Serrano Galvache, 26
    28033 MADRID
    Tfno: 91 379 97 00
    Avda. Reyes Católicos, 4
    28040 MADRID
    Tfno: 91 583 81 00 / 01
    Fax: 91 583 83 10 / 11
  • Dirección General de Españoles en el Exterior y de Asuntos Consulares y Migratorios
    C/ Pechuán, 1
    28002 MADRID
    Tfno: 91 379 17 00
Gobierno de España
©Ministerio de Asuntos Exteriores, Unión Europea y Cooperación
Portal gestionado por la Dirección General de Comunicación e Información Diplomática
Premio Ciudadanía 2016
Premio Ciudadanía 2016